Outstanding Safety Features of the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
Readers may have forgotten the Ram 1500 is currently one of the most-awarded pickups in the game, but we certainly haven’t. In addition to a slew of advanced safety features offered on the Ram 1500, the model also became the first pickup to earn an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick rating. The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX — essentially a heavily tuned performance trim of the Ram 1500 model — benefits from all these safety features and more.
Based on the Ram 1500 Rebel trim, the all-new Ram 1500 TRX builds on its foundation with a chassis that’s 74 percent new and features a reinforced suspension and strut towers. The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX’s supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 makes for a pickup truck that can go from 0-60 mph in only 3.7 seconds. With great power comes great responsibility, surely a pickup that powerful has just as much devotion to safety as it does to performance. Here are some of the outstanding safety features of the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX.
Adaptive Cruise Control
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Adaptive cruise control is essentially an improved version of the traditional cruise control feature. While driving with Adaptive Cruise Control the speed is automatically adjusted depending on variations in the speed of the vehicle ahead.
- Blind Spot Detection – Advanced technology equipped with radars that monitors hindrances in the vehicle’s blind spot, often away from the driver’s eye. A chime and/or light signal the presence of a potential collision via the blind spot.
- Lane Departure Warning – Lane Departure Warning relies on cameras to monitor the surrounding areas and the position of a vehicle within its lane, with the chimes activating, should the driver deviate out of their respective lane.
- Lane Keep Assist – Not only does the pickup come with Lane Departure Warning, it also features Lane Keep Assist that keeps a vehicle in its lane by applying corrective steering if it senses the vehicle is drifting outside the lane.
- Pedestrian Emergency Braking – Sensors mounted to the front of the truck detects objects in front of it. Should the sensors pick up on any obstacles, they’ll alert the driver with a warning to stop.
- Rear Cross Path Detection – Sensors mounted on the rear bumper are responsible for scanning passing cars, pedestrians, or any other obstacles while the vehicle is backing up. If something is detected, it will alert the driver urging them to brake.
Time and again, the 2021 Ram 1500 TRx has proven itself a very safe pickup. It takes a lot for an off-road pickup to earn a Top Safety Pick rating as it’s not something that’s easily earned by other vehicles on the road. Ram Truck achieved its safety accolades thanks to its great structural engineering and its overall warm approach to safety features. The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX is also expected to outperform rivals.
Visit us at University Dodge and check out the all-new 2021 Ram 1500 TRX. If you’re looking for something more akin to a work truck, check out the Ram 1500 Classic or the revamped Ram 1500 — both models are more than capable of getting the job done. Follow University Dodge on social media and stay up to date with the latest offers and news.