Introducing the Dodge Charger SRT Octane Edition
The Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is lauded as the quickest, fastest, and most powerful sedan in the world. It continues to grow its lineup and options with the introduction of the limited-edition 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition. Tom Sacoman, Director of Product, Passenger Car Brands, Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT- FCA US LLC, said “In the world of muscle cars, limited editions are valued by enthusiasts for their uniqueness and collectability, both today and in the future. The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is the newest factory-custom model designed for our performance customers who want to stand apart from the pack.”
The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is now available to order at Dodge/SRT dealers. Some of the perks on the Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition include features not previously offered on the 707-horsepower, supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 sedan such as a unique combination of equipment and trim. The main theme of the Charger Hellcat Octane Edition is its “blacked-out” design, both inside and out. Offered with either Pitch Black or White Knuckle exterior paint, the Charger Octane Edition also includes:
- Gloss Black interior accents
- SRT Performance seats with Houndstooth insert with red accent stitching
- Red interior stitching throughout the cabin
- Red seat belts
- A Dark Brushed II instrument panel complete with a black-on-black SRT Hellcat instrument panel badge
- A Black Satin center strip with Octane Red tracers on the edge
- The Brembo brake package in the unique Octane Red paint color
- A Black Satin decklid spoiler
- Cross Brace wheels painted low-gloss Black, carrying over from the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition is considered an appearance package with an MSRP of $1,495. Dealers can begin taking orders starting now through the end of the model year only, with deliveries scheduled to begin arriving in dealerships during the Fall of 2019.
New for the 2019 model year, the Charger SRT Hellcat offers an improved performance grille with dual inlets, feeding cooler outside air into the engine compartment. Four race-inspired technologies also come standard on the Hellcat as well:
- Launch Assist – wheel speed sensors monitor driveline-damaging wheel hop at launch and modifies the engine torque to restore full grip.
- After-Run Chiller – continuously cools the supercharger even after the engine is shut off.
- Line Lock – engages the front brakes to keep the Charger SRT Hellcat stationary, leaving the rear wheels free to perform a burnout and clean the rear tires.
- Torque Reserve – the mechanism that functions to close a bypass valve that in turn prefills the supercharger while managing fuel flow to generate a reserve of torque to be delivered upon initial acceleration from a standing stop.
Visit University Dodge to browse the Dodge Charger SRT inventory. Come by for a test drive and feel the Charger’s power behind the wheel for yourself! Have questions about the Charger Octane Edition package? Reach out to us via University Dodge social media.