Dodge to Showcase More Electric Muscle at 2022 SEMA Show
Dodge initially shared its electric muscle car concept back in August (2022) with the Charger Daytona SRT Concept unveiling. Although the concept was an honest peek into the direction the automaker wants to go, it was apparently just the beginning, according to Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis. There is, of course, a method to Dodge’s madness and the fact that the brand previewed the concept so ahead of schedule–Dodge’s first electrified muscle car won’t arrive until after 2024. Citing Dodge’s hardcore enthusiasts, Kuniskis claims that Dodge unveiled the Charger Daytona SRT Concept ahead of schedule to give them time to acclimate to the idea of an electric muscle car. That said, Kuniskis also implied that there are many changes ahead for the concept, and a second version of the electric muscle car is scheduled to debut at the upcoming SEMA show.
“We’re going to show a different version of this car at SEMA because we know it’s absolutely critical to our buyers. 50 percent of them modify their cars today. We’ll have nine different power levels, three directly from us, and another two on each of those, and the extra six will be from Direct Connection,” said Kuniskis.
Direct Connection will provide enthusiasts with the “keys” to unlock the full horsepower potential of their vehicle in the form of a new Direct Connection Tuner, and Stage kits for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Redeye models, as well as any future electric muscle cars the brand, offers down the line.
- Direct Connection Tuner (included in Pre-stage Kit) Plug-and-play engine tuner gives enthusiasts the power to upgrade an engine calibration at the touch of a button, plugs into the OBD-II port and can be used to install factory-tuned, 50-state-legal Stage kit calibrations. Tuner includes a hand-held tuning device and mounting hardware.
- Pre-stage Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye) Includes the Tuner, a performance air cleaner, and a low temp thermostat. Pre-stage Kit also comes with a pre-loaded 50-state emissions-legal calibration that adds five horsepower and allows future performance upgrades via downloadable tuning maps.
- Stage I Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye) Features a key code to unlock the Stage I factory-tuned installation, and 50-state emissions-legal calibration, resulting in a jump to 840 horsepower and 770 foot-pounds of torque when in high-octane mode. (Requires purchase of Pre-stage kit)
- Stage II Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye) Building on Stage I Kit includes a 3.17-inch “Hellephant” engine pulley and key code to unlock the Stage II factory-tuned installation 50-state emissions-legal calibration, which achieves a huge boost of up to 885 horsepower and 787 foot-pounds of torque. (Requires purchase of Pre-stage Kit and Stage I Kit)
- Pre-stage Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat) Pre-stage Kit includes Tuner and a pre-loaded 50-state emissions-legal calibration that adds five horsepower and allows future performance upgrades via downloadable tuning maps.
- Stage I Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat) The Stage I kit adds a 3.17-inch “Hellephant” engine pulley and the Stage I key code that unlocks factory-tuned, 50-state emissions-legal calibration to achieve 757 horsepower and 696 foot-pounds of torque. (Requires purchase of Pre-stage Kit)
Visit us at University Dodge and check out the latest Dodge inventory. Whether you’re looking to get behind the wheel of America’s most powerful three-row SUV, the Dodge Durango, or are looking for something with a little more bite like the Dodge Challenger or Dodge Charger, we here at University Dodge have got you covered. Follow University Dodge on social media to stay up to date on all the latest Dodge news.