Dodge Introduces Dodge Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
Muscle car season never stops and Dodge continues to celebrate the 50th anniversary of its Dodge Challenger model. This time, the automaker is offering buyers yet another 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition along with a new exterior color option. Additionally, this time around, Dodge is not limiting its production so that everyone has an opportunity to get in on the celebration. The Commemorative Edition is available on the 2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, R/T Scat Pack, and R/T Scat Pack Widebody trims.
Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition
The Dodge Challenger is as loved today as the first generation was 50 years ago thanks to its unmatched power, design, and everyday livability. The Dodge Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition features the following 50th anniversary perks:
- Satin Black hand-painted hood and black-wrapped roof and decklid
- Instrument panel (IP) badge with “Challenger50” logo
- Model-specific fender badges and “Challenger 50th Anniversary” grille and spoiler badges in “Gold School” finish
- Illuminated Air Catcher headlamps with LED-illuminated “50” logos
- Satin Back “DODGE” taillamp badge
- Satin Black fuel-filler door with heritage “FUEL” lettering
- “Gold School” wheels are also featured on the Commemorative Edition:
- 20-inch by 9-inch on Challenger R/T models
- 20-inch by 9.5-inch on Challenger R/T Scat Pack models; optional on R/T models with Performance Plus Group
- 20-inch by 11-inch on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody model
When fitted with Brembo brakes, the Commemorative Challenger features a Gunmetal brake color that’s available on the R/T trim and standard on the R/T Scat Pack and R/T Scat Pack Widebody trims. The interior also features plenty of other commemorative tidbits, including plenty of perks that invoke a sense of nostalgia inside the Challenger’s athletic cockpit. The Commemorative Edition interior features:
- Alcantara door bolsters with sepia accent stitching
- Heated and ventilated Nappa leather and Alcantara suede performance seats with sepia accent stitching and embroidered “50” logo seat backs
- White-faced gauges with yellow accents
- Sepia accent stitch on the IP, door panels and armrest, center console lid, seat faces and the leather, flat-bottom steering wheel
- Real carbon fiber IP and console bezels with a copper weave
- Premium berber floor mats with an embroidered “50” logo
- Startup animation Electronic Vehicle Information Center screen showcasing 1970 Challenger
The 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Dodge Challenger is available in all of Dodge’s high-impact color options, but the Commemorative Edition Dodge Challenger is available only in: Smoke Show (new), White Knuckle, Triple Nickel, Pitch Black, Octane Red, Indigo Blue, and Granite. The Commemorative Edition has a starting MSRP of $4,995 on the Challenger R/T trim, $5,495 on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack trim, and $11,495 on the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody trim — price reflects $6,000 Widebody Package. All Commemorative Edition prices listed here exclude the $1,495 destination fee. The 50th Anniversary Edition Challenger is already open for dealer orders, but the Commemorative Edition is slated to become available at the end of June (2020) and scheduled to start arriving in dealerships this fall.
Buyers who opt for a Challenger 50th Anniversary Commemorative Edition will also receive a complimentary full-day session of high-performance driving with professional instruction at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in Chandler, AZ. Smoke Show, the latest color to join the Dodge lineup, is one of the five new exterior color options for both the Dodge Challenger and Charger models, joining Frostbite, Sinamon Stick, Hellraisin, and limited-edition Gold Rush for the 2020 model year. These five new exterior color options were initially shown as concept colors two years ago at the 13th annual Spring Festival of the LXs at FCA’s Design Color Clinic. The concept colors were then voted as the top colors by enthusiasts and subsequently made it into production, proof that Dodge is devotedly attuned to the opinions of its enthusiasts.
Ready to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Dodge Challenger yourself? Visit us at University Dodge and check out our latest Dodge Challenger inventory. Whether you’re looking for an entry-level Challenger SXT, or a high-performance Dodge Challenger Widebody, we’ve got you covered — schedule your test drive today! Follow University Dodge on social media to stay up to date with the latest Dodge news and offers.
Photo Source/Copyright: Dodge