Ram Deemed the Best Truck Brand for Fourth Consecutive Year
For a fourth consecutive year, Ram Truck earned the Best Truck Brand award from U.S. News & World Report, led by the iconic Ram 1500. To choose a winner, U.S. News & World Report evaluates 38 car brands and recognizes automotive excellence, whether it be SUVs, trucks, or even luxury vehicles. Once the individual vehicles are scored, U.S. News & World Report gives out awards in each vehicle class. As for the scores, it’s a combination of safety scores, consensus of the automotive press, and reliability data. Earning such a distinction helps prospective car buyers shop for the best vehicle in their category of interest.
“For the fourth consecutive year, Ram wins the Best Truck Brand award on the strength of the Ram 1500, which is one of the few trucks on the market to make the case for itself as both a work vehicle and a daily driver. The Ram 1500’s interior features a high-tech infotainment system with intuitive controls and a huge touchscreen. Meanwhile, the interior quality and materials found on uplevel Ram trims keep pace with what many luxury SUVs offer. The Ram 1500 features a coil=spring rear suspension that makes it comfortable enough for commuting but capable enough for serious towing and hauling,” said Jim Sharifi, Managing Editor of U.S. News Best Cars.
New Ram 1500 Technology
Pickups were meant for towing and the 2022 Ram 1500 doesn’t disappoint with its new Trailer Hitch Light feature. The all-new lighting feature is part of the Trailer Tow Group. With four LED lights that illuminate the trailer hitch directly, making it easy for owners to easily hook up their trailer after a long day of boating. This feature also makes life easier for landscape and construction crews as they have to frequently pull a trailer as well.
Uconnect 5 is also standard on the 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn and above, giving the pickup an infotainment system that’s four times faster and comes with a 12-inch touchscreen display. Uconnect 5 is easy to personalize, allowing owners to put all of the important information at their fingertips. Ram also upgraded its air filtration system, dubbing it the Ram Clean Air System. Standard on all 2022 Ram 1500 pickups, the Ram Clean Air System eliminates up to 95 percent of air particulates, such as pollen and other allergens.
Ram continuously outperforms the competition, setting the following benchmarks in the pickup segment:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque when powered by the Cummins Turbo Diesel engine
- Towing capacity of 37,090 lbs. on the Ram 3500
- Segment-first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque when powered by the Cummins Turbo Diesel engine
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious pickups with the Ram Limited which features real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
Visit us at University Dodge and check out the latest offerings in the Ram Trucks lineup. Explore the latest Ram 1500 TRX and see the high-performance pickup with all its bells and whistles up close. Follow University Dodge on social media to be the first to know when the latest special edition pickups roll across the dealer lot.
Photo Source/Copyright: Stellantis