It’s Official: Ram is the Best Truck Brand for 2020
Ram Truck is now the Best Truck Brand for 2020, according to U.S. News & World Report. The publication evaluates a total of 35 brands in its Best Vehicle Brand awards and is dedicated to recognizing industry-wide excellence for vehicles, SUVs, trucks, and luxury vehicles.
“At Ram, we’re focused solely on building the best trucks and commercial vehicles in the market. This award from U.S. News & World Report acknowledges that effort,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. “In a highly competitive segment, Ram is committed to innovation and powertrain leadership. By offering more content, more comfort and segment-leading features Ram is building trucks that meet and exceed the needs of the widest range of buyers,” Bigland added.
U.S. News & World Report uses reliability data, safety data, test drives, and published reviews to make their award designations. The publication does an in-depth analysis of the vehicles as they weed out the ones that can’t be considered, and then subsequently issues its rankings. Award winners are determined by averaging the overall scores of individual automobiles in different award segments. Where do these said overall scores come from? From the publication’s very own Best Cars rankings that are also based on reliability data, consensus of the automotive press, and other noted safety scores.
“The Ram 1500 has the capability of a work truck with the interior of a luxury SUV. It’s one of the few trucks that can do almost everything you ask of it, and do it all well,” said Jamie Page Deaton, Executive editor — U.S. News Best Cars.
Ram has been on a roll lately, earning MotorTrend’s Truck of the Year honor back-to-back after just celebrating its first decade as a standalone brand. Ram’s powerful lineup includes the Ram 1500, Ram Heavy Duty, Ram Chassis Cab, and the ProMaster and ProMaster City vans. All models have the same goal in mind: to take families where they need to go and to get hard work done.
Some other Ram benchmarks include:
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
- Over the last 30 years, Ram has the highest percentage of pickups still on the road
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Towing capacity of 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most-awarded light-duty truck in America
Visit University Dodge to experience everything the Ram lineup has to offer. Explore our Ram inventory and schedule your test drive today! Follow University Dodge on social media for the latest Ram news, including announcements of special edition pickups, upcoming releases and more.